Director of HR&OD
Great Ormond Street Hospital
Caroline joins the Hospital from HM Land Registry where she has been the HR&OD Director for five years. In this highly complex and political role she transformed staff engagement and empowerment through a period of organisational challenge and change.
In the last year Caroline has won a number of high-profile awards including the Public Services People Managers Association (PPMA) Public Sector HR Director of the Year and Sustainable Workforce Transformation awards and Personnel Today’s award for Excellence in Public Sector HR.
Prior to her role at HM Land Registry, Caroline led the HR&OD function for the London Borough of Hackney and the workforce development for the London Borough of Greenwich. She has also held a number of senior managerial posts in the electricity industry.
1:00 pm - 1:40 pm
Managing public sector talent and the challenges of recruitment, retention and development
Theatre: Workforce and Leadership (2019)
- Implementing new sourcing, talent management and succession strategies
- Committing to providing ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Developing an aligned rewards and compensation strategy
- Building a people centred communications strategy
- Innovative training and organisational enhancement techniques to promote retention and development
- Practical steps that HR departments can take to close the gender gap, e.g. positive action, building staff networks and creating women’s champions
- Investing in training and professional development for women
- Implementing programmes that build and maintain women’s confidence, self-belief and resilience
- Improving careers guidance – how schools and universities can ensure a stream of potential women employees across all sectors