Martin Traynor OBE
Small Business Crown Representative
Martin Traynor OBE is the deputy chairman of the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, runs his own training and consultancy business and is the former Group Chief Executive of Leicestershire Chamber of Commerce.
He has now been made the government’s new Small Business Crown Representative – a role which will see him make sure the government gets the best value from small business and small businesses have the best possible opportunity to work with the government.
12:50 pm - 1:40 pm
Maximising your procurement profile & engaging early with the supplier market
Theatre: Commissioning & Procurement
- Building up the profile of the procurement function to maximise its influence across markets
- Alerting suppliers to the procurement activity of purchasing authorities much earlier
- Engaging with the markets themselves much earlier
- Using ‘soft engagement’ as a tool
- Providing suppliers with more time and information to craft their bids, and match solutions to tender requirements more effectively
- Facilitating increased SME and Not for Profit engagement
- Attracting the right talent to the procurement profession
- Developing commercial, contract management and negotiation skills
- Developing competitive procurement career paths