Buckinghamshire Thames Valley Local Enterprise Partnership
Richard has lead responsibility for a business led Local Enterprise Partnership at the Entrepreneurial Heart of Britain, including the development and implementation of a Bucks plan to align public and private sector investment and secure and invest European and UK Government funding to build the conditions for sustainable economic growth across Buckinghamshire and by collaborating with neighbouring areas.
Recent activity has involved the establishment of the strategically important Aylesbury Vale Enterprise Zone, which includes the Aylesbury Woodlands mixed use development, securing funding to invest in incubation and innovation centres, development of a Skills Strategy for Buckinghamshire, and supporting Growth Hub activity to grow local business and attract inward investment.
A Chartered Town Planner and Chartered Surveyor specialising in public private delivery, prior to the LEP Richard led a successful public private local delivery vehicle that translated planned employment, infrastructure and housing growth from the Sustainable Communities Plan into tangible outcomes on the ground.
12:55 pm - 1:35 pm
Creating your Local Industrial Strategy – the ‘Four Corridors’ approach
Theatre: Public Finance
- The Cambridge-Milton Keynes-Oxford Arc
- The role of local government in developing the foundations for economic growth and productivity
- How to exploit regional economic assets and bolster entrepreneurialism and attract investment
- How the development and ongoing delivery of a local industrial strategy can help alleviate the ‘Grand Challenges’ facing the public sector
- Fostering collaboration between local and central government and the private sector