Senior Workforce Adviser
Local Government Association
Suzanne is a senior workforce adviser for the Local Government Association in England and Wales. Her role is primarily to identify issues and develop HR solutions for implementation across the sector.
Her previous employment was as the London Borough of Croydon, where she managed and delivered a range of HR projects, including negotiating and introducing a managed system for interim staffing, staff benefits, tendering and outsourcing, major organisational change and performance management processes.
Prior to this employment she worked for Thameslink Rail Ltd where she was responsible for organisational change and development within a private rail company.
Suzanne has extensive experience in organisational redesign and change. She also has experience dealing with partnerships and new models of delivery. She has over 15 years’ experience of managing change within HR, specifically involving senior managers.
Prior to joining Thameslink Rail Ltd, Suzanne was a lecturer in French and Economics at Southbank University.
1:00 pm - 1:40 pm
Managing public sector talent and the challenges of recruitment, retention and development
Theatre: Workforce and Leadership (2019)
- Implementing new sourcing, talent management and succession strategies
- Committing to providing ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Developing an aligned rewards and compensation strategy
- Building a people centred communications strategy
- Innovative training and organisational enhancement techniques to promote retention and development
- Practical steps that HR departments can take to close the gender gap, e.g. positive action, building staff networks and creating women’s champions
- Investing in training and professional development for women
- Implementing programmes that build and maintain women’s confidence, self-belief and resilience
- Improving careers guidance – how schools and universities can ensure a stream of potential women employees across all sectors